Charleston Slough

Sloo or sl-ough, that is the question.
I did these during paintsite on Thursday, November 14. It was a bleak day, which matched my mood as I knew many of the artists would be in Monterey, which was the second option for paintsite that day. I preferred the (much) shorter drive to Charleston Slough, or Palo Alto Baylands, after the back and forth to Capitola five days in a row. Yes, recovery from that event took a good couple of weeks. All my big plans of adding a plein-air day to the week - just going by myself for two hours tops to a place nearby - none of it happened. I was pretty burned out. But I still painted daily.
These are the two paintings I did - I was very uncomfortable and cold and wanted to get out of there after the second. I didn't stay for lunch - the lack of a proper large group brought down my mood. Not surprising then, when I was almost at my car, walking slowly carrying all my watercolor supplies, I twisted my ankle, lost my balance, and splattered to the ground. I was so stunned at falling like a three year-old that I just sat there on the asphalt, looked at the mess I had made of my supplies, looked around to see who had seen my fall, and after a whole minute of sitting there, decided I needed to get up on my own though it seemed like a lot of work. I had two scrapes that bled, and that still hurt to this day. Poor me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connected shadows

Faith vs. belief, and inspiration

Design- vs. content-driven