Back to blogging

I've lapsed in blogging - and how! But this does not mean I haven't been painting daily. It is just that I have not had deeper thoughts when I do paint, and that is because I have been mentally preoccupied with my architecture project: a new house that I am constantly thinking about, even when I am not actively working on the design.
That has led me to a new realization that
that mental occupation has me:
1. sometimes be unable to fall asleep at night, because my mind is wired and I am thinking, thinking, thinking,
2. leaves no emptiness in my mind to feel relaxed enough to do a good painting where I can meditatively think about the process of the painting, and BE with the painting,
3. makes me paint like I am checking a box instead of getting into the painting - before the process in the inspiration and excitement phase, and during the process,

What a dilemma! I think I need to assign days to painting, and days to architecture. Maybe it is to do with the left-brain and right-brain - the analytical vs. the creative - I cannot seem to switch from one to the other quickly on the same day, moments apart. On Thursdays, when the whole day feels like it's assigned to paintsites, and I feel I cannot do architecture anyway, I can actually switch into painting mode completely.

Maybe I need to start the day in painting mode as that is harder to get into.

This was done in Redwood City's Emerald Lake Country Club - which sounded far grander, implying a much larger "estate" than it ended up having (a small lake with some chairs around it). It was a bit of a let-down, though what I did get out of that day was efficiency - I went early to the County of San Mateo to clarify some zoning requirements relative to the design so far on the new house I am designing. And then drove over to the paintsite. The lake reflections were hard.....I should practice those.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connected shadows

Faith vs. belief, and inspiration

Design- vs. content-driven