Courage

Even after being true to the (previously posted) value pattern - which in this case, I treated as a notan (darks and lights, no intermediates) - the painting can be punched up if I had courage to put in the dark darks. I just never know where those dark darks would go. I should play with this painting in Procreate or Gimp and see what I can do to push the values.
Right now, this is a sweeter-faced girl than the last attempt, and the values/colors are better too. It still needs a punch - the dark darks, and I am not feeling brave enough to do that. If I knew where to do it, I may feel braver. But, it's the classic case of not wanting to ruin what I have, so it will stay this way.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connected shadows

Faith vs. belief, and inspiration

Design- vs. content-driven