Creeping up

I was driving to the paint site today (Casa Grande in San Jose) and passed by a cluster of mailboxes. Instantly, instinctively, my first thought was: how would I paint those? I would paint the light shapes, and then I would do all the darks. I knew there were three mailboxes, overlapping each other, but I had instinctively separated them into fields of the same value. When this happened, I realized that how I look at things has actually slowly changed. Similarly, in meditation, you are not working to change anything but you are simply meditating. Three months later, or perhaps six months later, you will find that you are not reacting to an event in the way the old you would have reacted. That change has slowly crept up on you and taken you by surprise.  

Just paint, just meditate. Change will follow, surprise you, and transform you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connected shadows

Faith vs. belief, and inspiration

Design- vs. content-driven