New body

No, not what first comes to mind!
I am putting together all the paintings I will be exhibiting at this year's Silicon Valley Open Studios - I am participating for the first time. I was going over the list of numbered paintings from last year's Red Berry display and then the Los Altos Library solo show, and realized I am using very few of the work I did last year. A lot of my paintings that will be in SVOS are from this year. At least the Daily is paying off, and it helps to be regular to the Thursday paintsites because new and unusual locations come out of that. Hence I have
a new body
of work.
Almost entirely a new body with the old flushed out. I flinch at some of the old ones - but embrace them all as they are a stepping stone to getting here, where I am today, at this moment. I had to do those early 100 to get from 101 to 200.
Despite all that needs to be done for SVOS, I joined the Thursday paintsite group and enjoyed the planned Hike & Paint day ON my birthday. I really can't ask for more - hiking and painting both on the same day in lovely Russian Ridge, with the flowers blooming, and the vast views. I shared birthday cupcakes after we had our group lunch. It was a good day, though nary a building appeared in any of the three watercolors I did.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connected shadows

Faith vs. belief, and inspiration

Design- vs. content-driven