Mistakes and mindset


What is a mistake? It is a matter of intention that makes something a mistake. If I deliberately put a drop of water into wet paint, I make a cauliflower or a bloom. If I accidentally drop the drop of water into the paint, I get the same cauliflower or bloom. One thing I intended, the other I did not. One thing is a mistake, the other is not. So who’s to say what is a mistake? What if I did drop the water accidentally, but realized it looked beautiful? I can celebrate that "mistake". I can accept it and flow with it and not let it affect my painting in a negative way. It’s all about mindset and how open I want to be.
My friend Sharon brought me these lovely orchids during my first SVOS weekend last Sunday. As exhausted as I was this past Saturday, I needed to paint, so set up a chair in the sunlight in my backyard, and painted these stunning flowers. I had the right frame and mat for them too, so framed them, and took them with me to my last SVOS day yesterday.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connected shadows

Faith vs. belief, and inspiration

Design- vs. content-driven