Limited palette --> infinite possibilities --> harmony

This is from a picture I took looking up at the Brooklyn Bridge on our walk over the bridge. It is cropped - the picture shows both arched openings but there was no need to paint both and let any non-symmetrical differences be glaring to the viewer's eye. A limited palette - 2 colors, maybe 3, and all their resulting mixes modulated towards warm or cool, watery or opaque - are very pleasing to the eye. This is just two colors - even the blacks are not really black, only a derivative of a thick mix of blue and brown [I shudder that I say blue and brown and not the exact name of the blue and brown from my Sennelier travel box - I'm too lazy to get up and take a look].


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connected shadows

Faith vs. belief, and inspiration

Design- vs. content-driven