First thing

The VERY BEST (and almost first) thing I like to do in the morning is walk over to look at the painting I did the previous day. I usually have a feeling for it - a feeling of success/failure, that I rushed it, that there are mistakes, etc. - and what the new morning brings me is almost always a better feeling than I felt about it when I finished it. It is such a boost to the morale - that overnight, this magic will happen.
This is my daughter, Anoushka. I wanted to take on a challenge - no buildings or straight lines, and asked her to send me a few pictures with her face partly in shadow.
This came out better than expected - I was pretty nervous about getting a likeness, or even a pleasant faced person. There is less room for mistakes in portraits because we are so familiar with human faces, we can instantly see that something is off. Both the husband and the subject said it looks like her. I do see some features slightly misplaced but I'm pleased with the colors and the lights/darks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connected shadows

Faith vs. belief, and inspiration

Design- vs. content-driven