Birthday hike painting

I had an early birthday hike on Sunday at Tomales Bay Point. Birthday is in May but we couldn't find a whole day for a family hike that was unencumbered by exams and tests, so this last Sunday at the end of Spring Break was set aside.
My favorite, absolute favorite hike ever - Tomales Bay with constant views of the Pacific Ocean on the west, Tule elk on the right, with a glimpse of the occasional fox or snake. At the end of the hike, on a rock over the Pacific, I saw a mama seagull with 60 baby seagulls - they could only hop, not fly. It was a sweet sight - I had never seen a baby seagull before.
This watercolor was from a picture I took at Pierce Point Ranch, a cluster of white buildings - very Cape Cod - at the trailhead before we started the 10 mile hike. I love white buildings. I love the opportunities to leave the white of the paper. I came home after this hike, exhausted, and still needed to get in a watercolor for the day, so did this.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connected shadows

Faith vs. belief, and inspiration

Design- vs. content-driven