Jan 2 & 3: Pleasure vs. Pressure

Very similar words phonetically...yet what a world of difference.
I am still forcing myself to paint daily - I dream of it all day, but feel tremendous pressure actually picking up my paintbrush for that old fear of failure. But I am aware that this journey/feeling is to be enjoyed as well. When I'm past this point, it will be a different journey altogether.

This is what I read on the Vipassana website:
...it is difficult to eliminate fear by first looking for results even before one invests the effort enough to see the change...just being aware that you are of this habit pattern of the mind of doubt or self-doubt can be a real strength in re-invigorating your determination to not be overpowered by it.

January 2:

January 3:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connected shadows

Faith vs. belief, and inspiration

Design- vs. content-driven