And the month has come to an end....

I am getting a bit addicted to this daily painting business. Though, just like exercise and meditation, if I don't do it first thing, it hangs over my head and then I "get it in" before the end of the day, to check off the box. Not a good thing. I want to feel from within that I should paint - as I do exercise and meditation. Not there yet.
This is from today's paint site with the SCVWS group in downtown Pleasanton. It was a grey overcast day, but the sun came out and toasted my back and lit up the building, creating lovely shadows just when I needed shadows in my painting. Thank you, Sun. Then it went away again. After painting, we all met at the Firehouse Arts Center a block away to check out the California Watercolor Association's annual exhibit. It was fantastic. Original works from some bigwigs from the watercolor world were up on the walls - Alvaro Castagnet, Michael Reardon, Thomas Schaller, Brenda Swenson.....very impressive line-up. And I discovered some other artists that were new to me, and wrote down their names. It was a perfect end to the afternoon before the long drive back.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connected shadows

Faith vs. belief, and inspiration

Design- vs. content-driven