Mindset and success

I love household objects and their potential in still life. When I use a pen to draw, something in my mind changes, and I am not concerned about errors, or erasing. My line is confident and the drawing is easy. The paint, too, takes on a looser quality, and there is no masterpiece burden in my mind. Subsequently, I am usually pleased with the result - all because I am not attached to the result. So true in life! Process, not end result. So hard to do.....
Jane gave me this lavender when she dropped off her paintings for the Paint the Town exhibit, and my daughter bought the vinegar in Italy when she visited on a school trip. The glass cherries with nail-stems make it to almost all my practice paintings - I love contour drawing their form!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connected shadows

Faith vs. belief, and inspiration

Design- vs. content-driven