Honorable Mention

I went on a whim to the awards ceremony at the Los Altos History Museum Thursday afternoon. I thought it would be good to meet the artists and see the paintings amongst their bustle. I also went for the wine and cheese because the husband gives me a limited 5 oz. nightly pour. I'll admit I was a bit tipsy [empty stomach and sunshine] when the first Honorable Mention was announced: me.
Oh little me!
My painting of Voyageur du Temps received Honorable Mention in a JURIED show. That felt surreal. I got up, put my [empty] glass of wine under my chair, dropped my keys with a clatter, and made my way to the lady at the microphone. She awarded me a certificate, an envelope, and a ribbon [Honorable Mention] which she said I should hang on my painting. I asked her if I could put the ribbon on the better of my two paintings....everyone laughed, and I walked over to put it on - not De Martini - but Voyageur du Temps.
The envelope contained a check.
Then a lovely couple from N. Gordon walked up to me, and said they were interested in buying De Martini. They said they also thought that was the better painting, and they voted for that one [popular polls].
That really made my day. I mean, REALLY.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connected shadows

Faith vs. belief, and inspiration

Design- vs. content-driven