Voyageur du Temps

After a long time, I've done a painting from a photograph. I think I prefer plein air as it forces me to see what I see, and no more. And the squinting to try to see more has the right effect: minimizing the detail and consolidating the values. With a photo, I tend to zoom in on the device to see the details better, and the resulting painting is worse for it.
This has a strange and incongruous color scheme - I need to pre-plan colors better, not just values. It needs a redo. I wish I had the sketch ready on several sheets of watercolor paper to keep doing just that, instead of the painstaking effort of re-drawing it. And don't even get me started on the shady, elongated lady. At least, I rhyme.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connected shadows

Faith vs. belief, and inspiration

Design- vs. content-driven