Red dot

I hung 16 watercolors at Red Berry Cafe on April 30 [thanks to my husband who sits there over an espresso every morning, and noticed that the art on the wall was different, and urged me to explore how I could display my watercolors] - the hanging layout was planned out on ... yes, AutoCAD, after I measured the walls and decided that 16 paintings would be the right number. While I was hanging,  a lovely young mother started chatting with me and even offered to help me hang. She bought my "No Sugar, Please" painting of the china teapot and teacup, and reflective cream pourer!  She said it was a Mother's Day gift to herself [first Mother's Day; baby Alec is 11 months old].
I went next door to Gallery 9 and asked to borrow a red dot. How I love the red dot!
A few days later, while I was away at Vipassana for 10 days, a local Los Altos resident who had previously lived in Campbell left me a voicemail indicating interest in "Downtown Campbell" (hereby named "That Old Water Tower"), and promptly mailed me a check. 
These are the two sold paintings. They are in the main downstairs space at Red Berry for May, move upstairs in June, and then get delivered to their future owners. I thought I would feel sentimental about parting with them, but I don't. Not a bit. I feel excited and amazed that they will hang in someone else's home, get multiple looks over the day [hopefully], maybe travel to another part of the world, and basically I will lose track of them because they will be "out there". 
I love the feeling of that.






    🔴


    🔴

Comments

  1. So cool! It makes me wonder what I would feel if I ever end up selling something I painted or designed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Connected shadows

Faith vs. belief, and inspiration

Design- vs. content-driven