Emma Prusch Park...again

Back to Emma Prusch Park. Architecture makes its way into my paintings, even though I try to find a scene without. The whites are what drew me to this scene - the fence and the stark white of the building in sunlight. This is the same building behind the red tractor last week. I like how the blue sky becomes the shadow side of the building.


This drew me in as a panorama does the eye - the horizontal of the lush green field with the verticals of the trees, and the busyness of the road, traffic, and buildings in between the verticals. They say stop painting when your strokes are no longer making a difference. I should have stopped before the sky turned purple! This was done standing up, with a big brush, and very quickly....maybe 15 minutes.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connected shadows

Faith vs. belief, and inspiration

Design- vs. content-driven