Central Nursery in San Jose

This was with the SCVWS plein air group. This was a huge bustling place, with so much to see, and so much to be inspired by! Too many choices....

I love wheelies. This tractor was a bright orange color, and parked by a drab building. I changed the color of the building to set off the orange of the tractor. I drew the front of the tractor, then the building, then the back of the tractor. Oops! It’s a limousine tractor. The middle is elongated so has extra “machinery” to fill up the space. That's why they say to not lift the pen off the paper.


Despite the claim above that there was a lot to be inspired by, I walked around, hunting for material for my second painting. Finally, this struck me - these stalks and shadows. So lovely. The crate boxes anchor the painting, but I think the foliage at the top [in the photo] would have too. I only painted stalks.

  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connected shadows

Faith vs. belief, and inspiration

Design- vs. content-driven